Monday, September 26, 2016

Behind the Scenes of That Last Story

M: Let me see what you did here.

K: Yeah, for sure.  You know how much I value the input of my, you know, favorite editor.

M: Don't call me that.

K: Sorry. So what do you think?

M: You have drugs and lots of them, which is very you.

K: You think?

M: The camera angle shit isn't you, but you've done it so much it is now.

K: Thanks.

M: Come to think of it none of this shit is you, but it's not like anyone reading it will know the difference.

K: That was my thinking.

M: You get bonus points for the Columbine reference.

K: Bonus points?  That was the whole reason I wrote it.

M: I get that, but you have this tendency to write like you're trying to get to some sick punchline that only makes sense in your head.

K: You know me.

M: No one but you and I will have read the authors you're stealing this material from.  I say run with it.

K: Cool. You're the best, Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment